Sunday, December 18, 2011

Classicly Bold- A Holiday Tutorial!

     Hello all! It's a week until Christmas and I think two days until Hanukkah! So I'm just going to put up a few Holiday makeup tutorials! Some just focus on eyes, some on the lips,and some the whole face. Today's is just going to be about the classic red lip, and how to get it to last all day, even through a big Christmas or Hanukkah feast!


Makeup Used:
-Sephora Collection Creme Lip Stain in 01 Always Red
-Liplicious Lipgloss in Fruit Punch


     I've always been one for red lipstains. I have three of them, but no red lip liners or red lipsticks. I just feel lip stains last a lot longer. So, when I was at Sephora, I was looking out for a good red lip stain. I totally found it! It's from the Sephora Collection. If you want to see what it looks like, click here! I've never had a NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme, but from what I can tell from all the reviews I've read, the Sephora one is very close to it. The packaging makes it look like a lip gloss, but it feels very creamy. The color is a VERY true, fire engine red, and a little goes a very long way. I scrape off ALL the excess, but it still has enough to cover my whole lip... And then some.
     So Basically, I just apply a very light layer of the lip stain all over my lips, and wait for it to dry, which takes about a minute. Then, I take my lipgloss (which is a nice red-ish color) and apply it just to the center of my lips. The lip stain is very matte, which I kind of like. But, on the other side, I want to look youthful. So a dab in the middle gives me the best of both worlds!:)






     I just then curled my lashes and applied mascara. It's better to keep everything else very light. :) 


Thanks for reading




Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment