Saturday, October 1, 2011

Clearing Things Up - Part 1

     Hi beauties!! How are you today? Sorry I've been kind of MIA recently. I've been having a lot of issues with my skin lately, and I've just been really focused on trying to fix it.
     My skin always gets little breakouts here and there, but usually it's all over fine. The past month, though, my breakouts haven't been going away! I've been strict with cleansing my skin, I've tried a couple different face washes and scrubs; nothing is working. The Neutrogena Naturals line is really good, but only for keeping your skin clean. It prevents breakouts, but doesn't help if you already have one. Clearasil is another favorite line of mine, but it hasn't been working for me! Usually it would always work.. I don't know what's different. I think it's just I've used in so much in the past years on and off that my skin is immune to it.
     So, I'm starting to kick in high gear. I really need to change what I'm doing to get my skin better.
1- Change My Diet- I'm going to start eating healthier! And I'm going to start drinking more water. I should be having 8 a day, when all I have is like one or two. Really bad, I know.


2- Find a Better Skin Care Regimen- I need to find another line!! Do you guys have any ideas? I was thinking of trying the Clean Start line. I hear it's GREAT. What works for you, though?


3- Stop Touching My Face- I know you're not supposed to, but I can't help it! I never touch my face when it's clear, but when I break out, I can't stop touching it. So far, I haven't touched it all day<3


4- Stop wearing so much makeup- Over the past couple months I've bought new foundation and primer and blush... Ever since then, my face has been breaking out. I'm not sure if it's an ingredient in one of the products, or I'm wearing foundation more (which i usually don't), so it's clogging my pores, or it has nothing to do with my makeup. Either way, I'm going to wear a lot less makeup. I just need to give my skin a break while it heals itself. Then, I'll slowly start adding the makeup back in my routine to see which one MIGHT be causing my skin to look so bad.


5- Get my hair out of my face- I have side bangs, and right under them my skin tends to breakout sometimes. While my skin is getting better, I'm going to start putting my bangs up more. I'll hate doing this, because at least the bangs hide my breakouts, but it will be a lot better for my skin in the long run.


      So that's pretty much what I'm going to be doing for a while. I'm defiantly going to keep you guys updated on what's happening, though. So, join me on this journey to clear skin! Love you all!!


     xoxo, Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I'm going through exactly the same thing! Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm not alone:) good luck to you too

    ReplyDelete