Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to School part 2: Makeup

     What do to, what to do? The school year  is starting, and you have all this makeup. What shades should you wear? Should you go for something more special? Or wear even less to show you aren't trying so hard?
     Well, do whatever you want. But, I really recommend a more natural look. You DON'T want to show up to school, when everyone has half-forgotten what you look like, and you have tons of makeup caked up all over your face. Crazy colors and piles of foundation = a no-no. So, keep it light, keep it natural, but you can still play with a little bit of color. I'll show you 3 different looks you can try for your first day!
     Makeup Used for look 1:
-Aveeno Tinted Moustorizer
-Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara
-Maybelline Define-A-Line in Brownish Black
-Urban Decay Primer Potion
-From my Sephora Colorista Palette: A nude color, a bright white highlight, and a purpley-taupe color
-Cherry Chapstick
-Benefit's Bene-tint
-Any deep pink lip gloss


So the picture quality on this is really bad, but i decided to go for a pretty natural eye, with a tiiiiiiiiiiiiny pop of color. I put the nude color all over my lid and applied the highlight color on my inner corners and brow bone. Then, I took the purple-ish color and applied it in my crease, and blended it all out. Even when my eye is open, you can see the BEAUTIFUL fade out of the crease color. This is where I put on my mascara. After that, I just put some of my brown eyeliner on the outer lash-line. So, pretty basic.


For the lips, I put the cherry chapstick all over my lips to keep them moisturized, but also to add a tiiiiny bit of color to start off the look. Then, I used my Bene-tint and applied a generous amount all over. To top it off, I put my deep pink lip gloss on top. This picture makes it look light, but really it's a very deep, almost red color. I love it! A pretty much natural eye with deep colored lips is GREAT for a first day of school. It's something you could easily wear everyday, but still looks great enough for back to school.










Makeup Used for look 2:
-Aveeno Tinted Moustorizer
-Covergirl Lash Blast Volume in Brown Black
-Milani Color Brilliance pencil liner in Aqua
-Urban Decay Primer Potion
-From Urban Decay's Naked Palette: Virgin, Sin, Sidecar, and Smog
-Softlips Lip Conditioner in Vanilla
-L'oreal Paris Lipstick in Fairest Nude


I LOVE this look. I never wear it except for summer, but I decided it'd be a fun pop of color to start off school.:) I mixed Sin and Sidecar and put it on my lid, applied Virgin as my highlight color, and smog in the crease. This is a very shimmery look, and I love it. Then I apply my mascara. Afterwards, I put my aqua eyeliner (LOOOOVE!!!) on my lashline. I always get compliments on this look, and I might try it during the back to school season:)










Now for the really easy part! Just put on any lip balm and nude lipstick. Keep your lips suttle when using such a bright color on the lids:)


















Makeup Used for Look 2:
-Aveeno Tinted Moistorizer
-Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara in black
-Jordana pencil eyeliner in black
-Urban Decay Primer Potion
-From my Urban Decay NAKED Palette: Virgin, Naked, Darkhourse, and Creep
-Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain+Balm in Passion
Okay, this picture really does not give serve this look justice. You can't tell, but it's a dark blue-ish, gray smokey eye. So, I took Naked, applied it all over, and used Virgin as a highlight. (What a suprise!;) ) Then I took darkhorse and applied it on my outer-V. Then, I used my black eyeliner and applied it on my waterline. After I curled my eyelashes, I applied my black mascara to add to the dark look. Then, taking Creep, I took a gel liner brush, and dabbed the shadow over the liner to keep the color. Then I used Naked again and padded it right under the liner, so it wouldn't smudge. I really love this eye, It's smokey, but not over-the-top at all. Great for school!:D
To keep the rest of the look light, I took my Just Bitten balm, applied it, then applied the lip stain. This light pink color is soooo pretty and I use it every chance I get.
















So yeah! Those are my back-to-school looks! I didn't really do anything about the face because I thought you guys knew what you already wanted to do. I didn't use any concealer because I wanted the look light (and my skin has been looking GREAT lately) and I didn't use a foundation, just a tinted moisturizer. But, you guys know what you need, so go with that! I don't use bronzer, but if you want to: do it! And for all three looks I used my Posie-tint lip and cheek stain:) Hope you enjoyed! Leave comments! I love hearing from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment