Saturday, November 26, 2011

How to Look Great Without Makeup

     I'm a huge fan of makeup. And if you're reading this blog, you obviously must be, too. But sometimes, we need a break. Either we're waiting for our skin to repair itself, or we just don't want to wear it. Plus, it feels amazing knowing that no matter what, you're face looks great.
     So I decided to do a post covering the very basics of making your skin look great. I'll try not to state the overly obvious, although some of it you guuys might already know. Either way, let's learn together!
    
Mattifying An Oily Face:
1-Try my favorite mattifying DIY face mask! I seriously use this twice a week and it really helps me with my oily skin. You just need an egg and some lemon juice! Take the egg whites from the egg and beat them until frothy. Then, squirt in as much lemon juice as you would like. This mask sucks up all the oil from the skin while also tightening your pores. I swear, one use of this makes you less oily for days. At least, it does for me.


2- Try a toner! A lot of people think they are pointless, and sometimes they can be, but in this case they are your friend. Get any alchohol-free toner (it doesn't have to be high end! I use my Neutrogena one and it works great) and apply it with a cotton pad in upward motions after you've washed your face. It really helps control oil.


3-Invest in blotting papers! These are a lifesaver throughout the day. Many people go to Sephora or MAC to purchase there, but I by far like the Clean & Clear ones much better. Not because it's cheaper, but because I feel they soak up more oil. Just throw these in your purse, and blot off extra oil when you feel you need to. It doesn't even remove your makeup.


Moisturizing Dry Skin:
1- Try an Avacado face mask! I've found that avocados are very hydrating to the skin. Mix half of any avacado with a little honey, put it on your face- away from the eye area- for about 10 minutes. After rinsing, you're skin should feel smooth and flake free.


2-When washing your face, keep the water lukewarm! As much as I love the feeling of hot water on my face, it is really drying. So just remember to turn down water heat.


3-Vitamin E is a lifesaver! I have combination to oily skin, but during the winter time (mostly late January through February) my skin gets pretty dry. When this happens, I poke open a Vitamin E pill, squeeze it out, and mix it with my daily face wash. It's a sneaky way to keep your skin mega-hydrated without causing it to get oily.


Acne:
1-OATMEAL AND HONEY. I just can't say this enough. This is my favorite home remedy for acne. You can either make a mixture of the both and wash your face with it, or concentrate it with more honey and use it as a spot treatment. It always works for me! A huge zit will go away in about 3 to 5 days with daily use, and a small one will probably go away over night if you let the spot treatment set. I love this!


2-Don't be lazy about washing your hands. I know this is obvious- but you should really wash your hands more than you need to. Especially before and while washing your face. I always wash my hands, then wash my face. Then wash my hands, then apply any acne medications. Then wash my hands, then apply moisturizer. So please, wash your hands.


3-Remember- adult acne can be treated the same as teen acne. No need to buy super fancy adult-acne treatments. Buying medications and washes at your drugstore that your teenage daughter might use will help you. Don't knock it 'till you try it!


Other Tips!!
-Need serious under eye circle help? Chill 2 spoons in ice cold water for 5-10 minutes, then apply over your eyes. This really helps!

-Chapped lips? Make a mixture of olive oil, honey, and sugar. Scrub your lips with this for a minute, then let it set for 5 minutes before washing off. Apply some lip balm, and you're ready to go.

-Mix 1 part lemon juice, 1 part apple cider vinegar, and 2 parts green tea. Mix this up and apply it to your skin like a toner. This will lighten your acne scaring or age spots in about 2 weeks.

-Don't use an eye cream? You should! Not only to prevent future wrinkles, puffy eyes, and dark circles, but it will moisturize your lids-- making them less oily. Which means your eyeshadows won't crease as much! That plus an eye primer? Everlasting eyeshadows.


     Well, I hope this helped some of you! It's very basic-- I'll probably do some more in-depth posts about these skin issues and more later. But yeah. Thanks for reading!:)

2 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do all these, I have horrible oily skin. They really help me!

    ReplyDelete