Friday, November 11, 2011

The Smokey Diaries- Super Dramatic

      Hi beauties! So my friend was talking about how she wanted to do a  really dramatic smokey eye for a party,  but she thought it would be too complicated and take too long. I simply told her, it's really easy! It just takes some practice!
     She inspired me to start this series. I'm just going to show you a few different smokey eyes-- from super dark and dramatic, to light and wearable. I really hope you guys found this helpful! And if not, I at least hope it was fun to look at:)

Makeup:
-Urban Decay's Primer Potion
-Urban Decay's NAKED palette- virgin, naked, sidecar, darkhorse, and creep
-MAC's Silver Ring
-Maybelline's One by One mascara
-NYX Eyeliner Pencil in 901 Black

     So, first off you're going to want to start off with a primer. Of course to keep it on all night, but you realllly want it for a smokey eye to make the colors appear more dramatic.
     Now, we're going to use a light shimmery silver color- I used sidecar by UD- and apply it to your inner corners, going a little in to about the first fourth of your eyelid.
     Then, taking a matte silver color -- I used MAC's silver ring-- and apply it to the second fourth of your eye. This will kind of calm down the bright silver you just put on in your inner corners and will be a great transition for your other colors.
     Then, taking a darker, shimmer color-- I used UD's darkhorse- apply this to the third fourth of your eye. Be very generous with this color, don't be afraid!
     Lastly, take a very dark shimmery color-- I used UD's creep-- and go along your outer V. Be very generous with the color. Then, take a little more on a blending blush, and just swirl it around the outer part of your eye. It is a smokey eye, after all!!
     Then, taking a nude color-- I used NAKED by UD-- use a blending brush to blend above all of your colors, so it's a smoother transition to your highlight.
     Obviously- time to highlight under your browbone! Use any color you like! I just used virgin. 
     Now, using a Neutrogena makeup removing wipe, wipe off some of the outter corner makeup, making a very harsh line. This makes it look so much more dramatic. Using the eyeliner, draw along the harsh line, and a little in. Then take it and line your waterline!
     Curl lashes and apply a thickening mascara- and you're done! I hope you had as much fun with this look as I did! Love you all!


xoxo
Kelly
     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment